Embedding files in html

Genome

I'm using Arachnophilia.

I can embed a pdf file using

<center>
<embed src="pages.pdf" width=50% height=500>
</embed>
</center>

Where pages.pdf is in the same directory as the source html file.

I've tried embedding a .txt file using

<center>
<embed src="pages.txt" width=50% height=500>
</embed>
</center>

Again pages.txt is in the same directory.

Whereas the first example works and brings up the correct pdf the second
example presents a window of appropriate size with a vertical scroll bar
but the text is not visible.

I've produced the original text file using notepad. Oh yes... this is
Windows 98 with IE6.

Is what I'm trying to do valid and if so where did the text go.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DNA

Whitecrest

I'm using Arachnophilia.
I can embed a pdf file using
<center>
<embed src="pages.pdf" width=50% height=500>
</embed>
</center>

Where did you come up with the <embed> tag? Use the <object> tag

Genome

| In article <WSYwc.62$Zd5.42@newsfe1-win>, (e-mail address removed) says...
| > I'm using Arachnophilia.
| > I can embed a pdf file using
| > <center>
| > <embed src="pages.pdf" width=50% height=500>
| > </embed>
| > </center>
|
| Where did you come up with the <embed> tag? Use the <object> tag
|
| --
| Whitecrest Entertainment
| www.whitecrestent.com

Thanks for the response, I think I'll run away and hide somewhere.

DNA

Whitecrest

| Where did you come up with the <embed> tag? Use the <object> tag
Thanks for the response, I think I'll run away and hide somewhere.

Why hide? Did you even try the object tag?

Genome

| In article <Io3xc.150$o96.30@newsfe5-win>, (e-mail address removed) says...
| > | Where did you come up with the <embed> tag? Use the <object> tag
| > Thanks for the response, I think I'll run away and hide somewhere.
|
| Why hide? Did you even try the object tag?
| --
| Whitecrest Entertainment
| www.whitecrestent.com

I'm not too good at this..... I tried

<center>
<object classid="page.pdf width=100% hieght=500>
</object>
<object classid="page.txt" width=50% hieght=500>
</object>
</center>

and niether worked, just got the windows.

OOOOOOOOPS

Just did

<center>
<object data="page.pdf width=100% hieght=500>
</object>
<object data="page.txt" width=50% hieght=500>
</object>
</center>

Now the pdf one doesn't work but the text one does.

So, if I do

<center>
<embed src="page.pdf width=100% hieght=500>
</embed>
<object data="page.txt" width=50% hieght=500>
</object>
</center>

I can get both of them.

Excellent, OK so it's not all the way there but it works.

<center>
<object data="page.txt" width=100% height=500>
</object>
</center>
<center>
<embed src="page.pdf" width=100% height=500>
</embed>
</center>

Sort of gives me the effect I'm looking for.

I didn't want to waste your time with the inane questions of a novice.

Cheers

DNA

Whitecrest

| Why hide? Did you even try the object tag?
I'm not too good at this..... I tried...
Now the pdf one doesn't work but the text one does....
I can get both of them....
Excellent, OK so it's not all the way there but it works....
Sort of gives me the effect I'm looking for....
I didn't want to waste your time with the inane questions of a novice....

You didn't waste anyone's time. Welcome aboard, and we look forward to
seeing you here more often.