    window, the results appear in a tiny little keyhole iframe window about
    the size of my object.

    Any ideas for a fix?
    Perchance, Jan 18, 2007

  2. Perchance

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Perchance wrote:
    > Hello, I've written a basic search box form that will take the contents
    > of a box and pass it to a query string in my target URL.
    >
    > When I run it on its standalone page it works fine. But I want to
    > distill my code into a simple object so others can embed the box into
    > their sidebars, et cetera.
    >
    > I've written a standard <object> tag to do so. It even looks fine when
    > I post it on an independent page. The problem comes when I run the
    > search. Instead of jumping to the target page, or opening it in a new
    > window, the results appear in a tiny little keyhole iframe window about
    > the size of my object.

    Use target=_new or target=_blank in the form-tag

    --

    //Aho
    J.O. Aho, Jan 18, 2007

  3. Perchance

    Perchance Guest

    J.O. Aho wrote:
    > Use target=_new or target=_blank in the form-tag

    Thanks for the tip. Is it really that simple?!

    I just tried modifying my host page's form tag like so:

    <form action="http://www.JUNK.com/default.aspx" target="_blank"
    method="get" class="formbox">

    And it still isn't working out of my object.
    Perchance, Jan 18, 2007
  4. Perchance

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Perchance wrote:
    > J.O. Aho wrote:
    >> Use target=_new or target=_blank in the form-tag

    > Thanks for the tip. Is it really that simple?!
    >
    > I just tried modifying my host page's form tag like so:
    >
    > <form action="http://www.JUNK.com/default.aspx" target="_blank"
    > method="get" class="formbox">
    >
    > And it still isn't working out of my object.

    It's so simple, but don't quote the _blank/_new

    <form action="http://www.JUNK.com/default.aspx" target=_blank
    method="get" class="formbox">

    or else the effect of the target won't happen.

    --

    //Aho
    J.O. Aho, Jan 18, 2007