Embedding html form search box with an <object> tag

Perchance

Hello, I've written a basic search box form that will take the contents
of a box and pass it to a query string in my target URL.

When I run it on its standalone page it works fine. But I want to
distill my code into a simple object so others can embed the box into
their sidebars, et cetera.

I've written a standard <object> tag to do so. It even looks fine when
I post it on an independent page. The problem comes when I run the
search. Instead of jumping to the target page, or opening it in a new
window, the results appear in a tiny little keyhole iframe window about
the size of my object.

Any ideas for a fix?

J.O. Aho

Perchance said:
Hello, I've written a basic search box form that will take the contents
of a box and pass it to a query string in my target URL.

When I run it on its standalone page it works fine. But I want to
distill my code into a simple object so others can embed the box into
their sidebars, et cetera.

I've written a standard <object> tag to do so. It even looks fine when
I post it on an independent page. The problem comes when I run the
search. Instead of jumping to the target page, or opening it in a new
window, the results appear in a tiny little keyhole iframe window about
the size of my object.

Use target=_new or target=_blank in the form-tag

J.O. Aho

Perchance said:
Thanks for the tip. Is it really that simple?!

I just tried modifying my host page's form tag like so:

<form action="http://www.JUNK.com/default.aspx" target="_blank"
method="get" class="formbox">

And it still isn't working out of my object.

It's so simple, but don't quote the _blank/_new

<form action="http://www.JUNK.com/default.aspx" target=_blank
method="get" class="formbox">

or else the effect of the target won't happen.