Embedding IE in EXE and Session States

Mike

Hi,

We have an ASP.NET based website that can run either standalone or within
our Win32 client via an embedded IE browser control. The site when running
standalone in IE is fine, all works just great, but we are having a probelm
when its run within the embedded IE control. We are using Forms
authentication and initially all is fine, we login and get into the site,
however a problem occurs when we popup a new window (via javascript
window.open() ), the window will send us back to the login page again. I
have found that what is happening is its creating a completely new session
for the popup window, which is a different behavior from when running in the
full IE.

Is there a way to make it not create a new session or somehow to pass the
existing form credentials on to the new window so we will not get challenged
each time we have a popup window launch?

Thanks,

Michael