embedding Perl

Kris De Schutter

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a document which shows me how to set up a C application
with an embedded Perl engine in such a way that the Perl engine can call
back to the parent application.

I've figured out how to embed Perl and do calls from C to Perl. It's the
callback part I'm having trouble with.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ? It would be greatly
appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kris

penguinista

Kris said:
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a document which shows me how to set up a C application
with an embedded Perl engine in such a way that the Perl engine can call
back to the parent application.

I've figured out how to embed Perl and do calls from C to Perl. It's the
callback part I'm having trouble with.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ? It would be greatly
appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kris

There's pointers on perl.org regarding extending perl with C functions.
Or you could look at SWIG (simple wrapper & Interface Generator) to
provide the interface between perl and C functions.