Embedding Python in C++

Tonio

Hi
i'm a italian student.
I must create a virtual machine which call python script from Visual C++
program.
My teacher tell me use swig fror make this work.
I use Swig for import in Python class, object, variables of C++, but my
problem are when in C++ i must call script Python.
I find many article, but i don't find a working example.
Can you advise me how i call python script from C++?
Have you example which can you send me (in my email)?
(my script use only int, float, string and object, class).
Thanks.

Marcello Pietrobon

( sending it again )

Hello,
I need to read newly generated uuid from Python
but I am not sure if
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/163604

is the right code

Maybe there is already the library in Python 2.3

Maybe I can use the one generated with
uuidgen
under cygwin
but this would not be portable

In this last case I would like to know how can I capture the output of
uuidgen
so I can use it in my script

Thank you if you know the answer !

Cheers,