embedding quicktime-movies in html

Eric Biller

Hi@all,

I tried hard to embed a quicktime movie in a WebSite. I do not want to use
the <embed>-Tag as it is not valid html4.01 strict. Instead of I want to
use the <object>-Tag.
I tried googling for it, but with no significant solution.

What I want is to embed a movie, which is displayed in the center of the
side, with a border. It should start automatically and there should be an
control panel, to control the player.

Once I managed to include a VRML-object this way, but It won't work for my
movie.

Furthermore: Does anybody know, if downloading the whole free quicktime
player (20mb) is the only way to get the proper quicktime plugin? Or is
there another file, I did not found yet?

Thnx
Eric Biller

Travis Newbury

Eric said:
Hi@all,

I tried hard to embed a quicktime movie in a WebSite. I do not want to use
the <embed>-Tag as it is not valid html4.01 strict. Instead of I want to
use the <object>-Tag.
I tried googling for it, but with no significant solution.

If you want the movie to be incorporated into the design of the site use
<object. Otherwise use a link to the file.