embedding quicktime-movies in html

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Eric Biller, Dec 31, 2004.

  1. Eric Biller

    Eric Biller Guest

    Hi@all,

    I tried hard to embed a quicktime movie in a WebSite. I do not want to use
    the <embed>-Tag as it is not valid html4.01 strict. Instead of I want to
    use the <object>-Tag.
    I tried googling for it, but with no significant solution.

    What I want is to embed a movie, which is displayed in the center of the
    side, with a border. It should start automatically and there should be an
    control panel, to control the player.

    Once I managed to include a VRML-object this way, but It won't work for my
    movie.

    Furthermore: Does anybody know, if downloading the whole free quicktime
    player (20mb) is the only way to get the proper quicktime plugin? Or is
    there another file, I did not found yet?

    Thnx
    Eric Biller

    Eric Biller, Dec 31, 2004

  2. Eric Biller wrote:
    > Hi@all,
    >
    > I tried hard to embed a quicktime movie in a WebSite. I do not want to use
    > the <embed>-Tag as it is not valid html4.01 strict. Instead of I want to
    > use the <object>-Tag.
    > I tried googling for it, but with no significant solution.

    If you want the movie to be incorporated into the design of the site use
    <object. Otherwise use a link to the file.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Dec 31, 2004

  3. Eric Biller