    somewhat painful.
    Has anybody some tips on the issue, possibly using pure Rice or Swig?

    Thorsten

    Thorsten Hater, Sep 21, 2010

  2. Thorsten Hater

    Ruby User Guest

    Ruby User, Sep 21, 2010

  3. 2010/9/22 Ruby User <>

    > Thorsten Hater wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I want to use ruby as an embedded scripting language for a C++ game
    > > project.

    > I Love Ruby - don't get me wrong - but consider Lua instead:
    > http://http://www.lua.org/.

    But, watch out for Lua's C stack overflows for input of greater numbers lik=
    10000. At least Ruby withstands that to some better extent.

    ---
    Edmond
    Software Developer | Baobab Health Trust (http://www.baobabhealth.org/) |
    Malawi

    Cell: +265 999 465 137 | +265 881 234 717

    *"Many people doubt open source software and probably don=92t realize that
    there is an alternative=85 which is just as good.." -- Kevin Scannell*

    Edmond Kachale, Sep 22, 2010
  4. Thorsten Hater

    Ruby User Guest

    Edmond Kachale wrote:

    > But, watch out for Lua's C stack overflows for input of greater numbers
    > like
    > 10000. At least Ruby withstands that to some better extent.

    Your Lua FUD would be more effective if it were a bit more coherent, had
    some specificity, and maybe even included a citation or two.

    Ruby User, Sep 22, 2010