Embedding Ruby for scripting

Thorsten Hater

Hello,

I want to use ruby as an embedded scripting language for a C++ game project.
I know some people have done that (sketchup from google at least).
I know how to extend ruby using either Swig, FFI, Rice or classical C
and how to embed the ruby interpreter as such.
But for an embedded scripting system I need to do both, so I can interact
from both sides with the other.
I have read the metaeditor page from sourceforge, but the procedure looks
somewhat painful.
Has anybody some tips on the issue, possibly using pure Rice or Swig?

Thorsten

Edmond Kachale

2010/9/22 Ruby User said:
I Love Ruby - don't get me wrong - but consider Lua instead:
http://http://www.lua.org/.

But, watch out for Lua's C stack overflows for input of greater numbers lik=
10000. At least Ruby withstands that to some better extent.

---
Edmond
Software Developer | Baobab Health Trust (http://www.baobabhealth.org/) |
Malawi

Cell: +265 999 465 137 | +265 881 234 717

*"Many people doubt open source software and probably don=92t realize that
there is an alternative=85 which is just as good.." -- Kevin Scannell*

Ruby User

Edmond said:
But, watch out for Lua's C stack overflows for input of greater numbers
like
10000. At least Ruby withstands that to some better extent.

Your Lua FUD would be more effective if it were a bit more coherent, had
some specificity, and maybe even included a citation or two.