    If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I will be eternally
    grateful.

    Gavin.

    gavin, May 6, 2005

  2. gavin

    Spartanicus Guest

    "gavin" <##9.co.uk##NOSPAM> wrote:

    >I've looked everywhere to find out if it is possible to embed a winamp
    >player onto a website for a live audio stream.

    No, Winamp is a stand alone player.

    You should allow users to choose to play the audio first, that means not
    attempting to embed a player.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, May 6, 2005

  3. gavin

    Gavin Guest

    I have see before where a small popup page is launched when the user clicks
    on a link with the main winamp controls in.

    It looks just like winamp.

    How is that done?

    Gavin.

    Gavin, May 6, 2005
  4. Spartanicus wrote:
    >>I've looked everywhere to find out if it is possible to embed a winamp
    >>player onto a website for a live audio stream.

    > No, Winamp is a stand alone player.
    > You should allow users to choose to play the audio first, that means not
    > attempting to embed a player.

    You can give them the choice if they want to play it or not and still
    embed the player.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, May 6, 2005
  5. Gavin wrote:
    > I have see before where a small popup page is launched when the user clicks
    > on a link with the main winamp controls in.

    google embed audio

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, May 6, 2005
  6. gavin

    Spartanicus Guest

    Top posting corrected this once.

    "Gavin" <9xxx> wrote:

    >>>I've looked everywhere to find out if it is possible to embed a winamp
    >>>player onto a website for a live audio stream.

    >> No, Winamp is a stand alone player.
    >>
    >> You should allow users to choose to play the audio first, that means not
    >> attempting to embed a player.

    >I have see before where a small popup page is launched when the user clicks
    >on a link with the main winamp controls in.
    >
    >It looks just like winamp.
    >
    >How is that done?

    Assuming that Winamp is installed on the client system and configured to
    handle the file & mime type. For other users another player may launch,
    don't attempt to mess with that, it's a valuable feature.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, May 6, 2005