Embedding Winamp

gavin

Hi guys n gurls,

I've looked everywhere to find out if it is possible to embed a winamp
player onto a website for a live audio stream. Do you think I can find
it??? ARRRGH

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I will be eternally
grateful.

Gavin.

Spartanicus

gavin said:
I've looked everywhere to find out if it is possible to embed a winamp
player onto a website for a live audio stream.

No, Winamp is a stand alone player.

You should allow users to choose to play the audio first, that means not
attempting to embed a player.

Gavin

I have see before where a small popup page is launched when the user clicks
on a link with the main winamp controls in.

It looks just like winamp.

How is that done?

Gavin.

Travis Newbury

Spartanicus said:
No, Winamp is a stand alone player.
You should allow users to choose to play the audio first, that means not
attempting to embed a player.

You can give them the choice if they want to play it or not and still
embed the player.

Travis Newbury

Gavin said:
I have see before where a small popup page is launched when the user clicks
on a link with the main winamp controls in.

google embed audio

Spartanicus

Top posting corrected this once.

I have see before where a small popup page is launched when the user clicks
on a link with the main winamp controls in.

It looks just like winamp.

How is that done?

Assuming that Winamp is installed on the client system and configured to
handle the file & mime type. For other users another player may launch,
don't attempt to mess with that, it's a valuable feature.