embeding youtube video and bandwidth

toedipper

Hi all,

Slightly OT.

If I embed a youtube video on my site and someone watches it, does my
web host consider this part of the bandwidth usage in my monthly allowance?

I know your answer may be 'go and ask your web host' but just wondering
if anyone has any thoughts or experience on this?

Think about it, the video is not on my server, it's Youtube who is
sending it to the client.

cheers,

toe
http://www.vistaisrubbish.com

J.O. Aho

toedipper said:
Hi all,

Slightly OT.

If I embed a youtube video on my site and someone watches it, does my
web host consider this part of the bandwidth usage in my monthly allowance?

As long as the video lagish flash thinggy is in reality located at youtube,
the only traffic counted is the stuff you put around it, as the other stuff is
sent from the other server and not from the server hosting your html.

Travis Newbury

If I embed a youtube video on my site and someone watches it, does my
web host consider this part of the bandwidth usage in my monthly allowance?

The answer is it is on their dime, but it's a moot point. If your
site got enough traffic where it actually got close the to default
bandwidth that comes free from your host, you wouldn't be embedding a
youtube video, your site would have it's own branded video player and
video.