emergency error '80040e14'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by in da club, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. in da club

    in da club Guest

    i get error '80040e14' from this codes..

    sqlbul="select * from buyers where sesid="&session.SessionID

    set rsbul=baglantim.execute(sqlbul)

    if rsbul.eof then

    response.redirect "index.asp"

    end if

    toplam=rsbul("toplam")

    i tried like this

    sqlbul="select toplam from buyers where sesid="&clng(session.SessionID)
    response.write sqlbul
    response.end
    set rsbul=baglantim.execute(sqlbul)

    it returns

    select toplam from buyers where sesid=477419109

    i run it in query analyser it works well..

    how can i get rid of this message

    in da club, Aug 24, 2005

  2. check CommandType for baglantim

    sesid is integer or char?

    Aleksandar Grbic, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Ken Schaefer has an article about troubleshooting 80040e14 errors at
    http://www.adopenstatic.com/faq/80040e14.asp

    --
    Roji. P. Thomas
    Net Asset Management

    Roji. P. Thomas, Aug 24, 2005
  4. in da club

    Lucvdv Guest

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:52:42 -0700, "in da club"
    <> wrote:

    > i get error '80040e14' from this codes..
    >

    > sqlbul="select * from buyers where sesid="&session.SessionID

    Error 80040e14 can have half a thousand reasons, wasn't there a more
    detailed description in the error message?

    See http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2400

    It sometimes indicates something is wrong with delimiters ([] around table
    or column names, '' around strings).
    It can also be related to incorrect datatypes (for example searching for a
    text string in a numeric column).

    Are you using column-level permissions on the table? Then that could be
    why it works with "select toplam " but fails with "select * ".

    Is 'sesid' a character (char, varchar, ...) field?
    I suppose not, but if it is you should quote the value.

    sqlbul = "select * from buyers where sesid='" & session.SessionID & "'"

    I use a short function for this at the start of some of my ASP files:

    Function Quote(s)
    Quote = "'" & Replace(s, "'", "''") & "'"
    End Function

    and all my queries that involve character fields look like this:

    sqlbul = "select * from buyers where sesid=" & Quote(session.SessionID)

    This can avoid unexpected results (strange errors or SQL injection if
    someone fabricates a request manually).

    Lucvdv, Aug 24, 2005
  5. in da club

    Bullschmidt Guest