empty javadoc index search in netBeans

NickPick

When I try to look up a java method with shift+F1 in netBeans there
are no entries. Does anybody know how I can add help content?

thanks

Mark Space

NickPick said:
When I try to look up a java method with shift+F1 in netBeans there
are no entries. Does anybody know how I can add help content?

thanks

Try Tools->Java Platform. The Javadoc tab is the third one in the
center of the dialog. My Javadoc was at:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\jdk-6-doc.zip

NickPick

Try Tools->Java Platform.  The Javadoc tab is the third one in the
center of the dialog.  My Javadoc was at:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\jdk-6-doc.zip

In my case there doesn't appear to be any doc file. Do you know where
I can find one?
thanks

Kevin Calders

Sabine said:
You can (and should) do the same for Libraries you set up through
Tools->Libraries. In those cases, usually add the top directory, i.e.
"javadocs".

You may also need to create a project before NB recognizes docs, source,
and similar items.

Lew

Mark said:

Alternatively, have you considered perusing java.sun.com, the logical place to
go for all things Java?

<http://java.sun.com/reference/api/>

which has a ton of links, such as

<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/>

which has a button on the top right labeled "Download this Documentation"

<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/download.jsp#docs>

a link that also appears on the Java Se download page

<http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp>

Agree to the license and download 'jdk-6u10-docs.zip'

This includes a lot besides just the API Javadocs.