empty links?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by ArChAs, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. ArChAs

    ArChAs Guest

    hi.
    i have few links with background image (rollover effect). i did empty
    links "<a class="aaa" href="bbb"></a>". i just couldn't do <a><img></
    a> becouse of my rollover in background. i think it isn't so correct
    to do this way.
    how to change it properly?
    ArChAs, Mar 12, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. ArChAs wrote:
    > hi.
    > i have few links with background image (rollover effect). i did empty
    > links "<a class="aaa" href="bbb"></a>". i just couldn't do <a><img></
    > a> becouse of my rollover in background. i think it isn't so correct
    > to do this way.
    > how to change it properly?
    >

    For it to be a traversable link, there has to be something between the
    opening a closing tag. Remember background is just decoration *not* content!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 12, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. ArChAs

    ArChAs Guest

    On 12 Mar, 17:36, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > ArChAs wrote:
    > > hi.
    > > i have few links with background image (rollover effect). i did empty
    > > links "<a class="aaa" href="bbb"></a>". i just couldn't do <a><img></
    > > a> becouse of my rollover in background. i think it isn't so correct
    > > to do this way.
    > > how to change it properly?

    >
    > For it to be a traversable link, there has to be something between the
    > opening a closing tag. Remember background is just decoration *not* content!
    >


    yes, i know so i want to change it. i used this:
    http://wellstyled.com/css-nopreload-rollovers.html but without text on
    buttons. help me, please!
    ArChAs, Mar 12, 2007
    #3
  4. ArChAs wrote:
    > On 12 Mar, 17:36, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    >> ArChAs wrote:
    >>> hi.
    >>> i have few links with background image (rollover effect). i did empty
    >>> links "<a class="aaa" href="bbb"></a>". i just couldn't do <a><img></
    >>> a> becouse of my rollover in background. i think it isn't so correct
    >>> to do this way.
    >>> how to change it properly?

    >> For it to be a traversable link, there has to be something between the
    >> opening a closing tag. Remember background is just decoration *not* content!
    >>

    >
    > yes, i know so i want to change it. i used this:
    > http://wellstyled.com/css-nopreload-rollovers.html but without text on
    > buttons. help me, please!
    >

    Yes, but how is the visitor suppose to know what the link is to? HINT:
    they may not be able to see your image... text-only or screen-reader...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 12, 2007
    #4
  5. ArChAs wrote:
    > i have few links with background image (rollover effect). i did empty
    > links "<a class="aaa" href="bbb"></a>". i just couldn't do <a><img></
    > a> becouse of my rollover in background. i think it isn't so correct
    > to do this way.


    Use an <img> and write your rollover code to change that.

    --
    David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/> <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Mar 13, 2007
    #5
  6. ArChAs

    ArChAs Guest

    Jonathan N. Little napisal(a):
    > ArChAs wrote:
    > > On 12 Mar, 17:36, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > >> ArChAs wrote:
    > >>> hi.
    > >>> i have few links with background image (rollover effect). i did empty
    > >>> links "<a class="aaa" href="bbb"></a>". i just couldn't do <a><img></
    > >>> a> becouse of my rollover in background. i think it isn't so correct
    > >>> to do this way.
    > >>> how to change it properly?
    > >> For it to be a traversable link, there has to be something between the
    > >> opening a closing tag. Remember background is just decoration *not* content!
    > >>

    > >
    > > yes, i know so i want to change it. i used this:
    > > http://wellstyled.com/css-nopreload-rollovers.html but without text on
    > > buttons. help me, please!
    > >

    > Yes, but how is the visitor suppose to know what the link is to? HINT:
    > they may not be able to see your image... text-only or screen-reader...
    >


    yes i know that. you wrote what's wrong but i need the solution of
    this problem.....
    ArChAs, Mar 13, 2007
    #6
  7. ArChAs wrote:

    > yes i know that. you wrote what's wrong but i need the solution of
    > this problem.....
    >


    Simple put TEXT or at least an image within the A element! The A needs
    to have content to be accessible.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 13, 2007
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. John

    empty/non-empty element

    John, Jul 15, 2003, in forum: XML
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,012
    Klaus Johannes Rusch
    Jul 16, 2003
  2. Lukas
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    787
    spiff
    Nov 10, 2005
  3. Marcia Hon

    Check if a directory is empty and empty it

    Marcia Hon, Feb 8, 2004, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    565
    Dave Thompson
    Feb 14, 2004
  4. Brian Roberts

    empty lists vs empty generators

    Brian Roberts, May 3, 2005, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    644
    Jeremy Bowers
    May 4, 2005
  5. ButlerDJIAM
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    546
    ButlerDJIAM
    Nov 9, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page