empty responseXML from XMLHttpRequest with no parse error

Lan Vuong

I am using the XMLHttpRequest object to get an XML response from a
servlet. I check the readyState (4) on my asynchronous call and also
check the parseError.errorCode (0). Everything seems to work except
that when I retrieve the responseXML it is an empty document.

Does anyone have other ideas on what's going wrong?

Thanks!

Martin Honnen

Lan said:
I am using the XMLHttpRequest object to get an XML response from a
servlet. I check the readyState (4) on my asynchronous call and also
check the parseError.errorCode (0). Everything seems to work except
that when I retrieve the responseXML it is an empty document.

Does anyone have other ideas on what's going wrong?

Does that servlet have a public URL? Is so post it then we can try to
figure out what could be wrong. Maybe the servlet doesn't send the XML
as text/xml or application/xml?

Lan Vuong

Martin Honnen said:
Does that servlet have a public URL? Is so post it then we can try to
figure out what could be wrong. Maybe the servlet doesn't send the XML
as text/xml or application/xml?

Hi Martin,

I checked the servlet and explicitly set the Content-Type to text/xml
and it seems to get the responseXML properly. Thanks for the tip.