    nowhere.

    Does this sound like a known issue? Under what circumstances can an
    Exception's stack trace contain only the method in which it's created?
    Michael Borgwardt, Sep 29, 2004

  2. I found the culprit: the applet method in question was being called
    from JavaScript via LiveConnect.
    Michael Borgwardt, Sep 29, 2004

  3. On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:19:14 +0200, Michael Borgwardt wrote:

    > I found the culprit: the applet method in question was being called
    > from JavaScript via LiveConnect.

    Are you saying the MSVM was the only VM that responds
    to LiveConnect? (I have looked at various ways to connect
    Java and JS before, but never found a viable & robust one.)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >>I found the culprit: the applet method in question was being called
    >>from JavaScript via LiveConnect.

    > Are you saying the MSVM was the only VM that responds
    > to LiveConnect?

    No, only that it is the configuration I am using.

    >(I have looked at various ways to connect
    > Java and JS before, but never found a viable & robust one.)

    Well, it seems to work fine here, except that the stack traces
    contain no explicit indication when a call came via LiveConnect.

    There are nasty problems in other areas, though.
    Michael Borgwardt, Sep 29, 2004