    browser to show a border at that location?

    I have:

    where "home_Score" = ""
    Mike, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Mike

    Ann Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I have an empty string going into a table cell. How can I get the
    > browser to show a border at that location?
    >
    > I have:

    > where "home_Score" = ""

    Use "&nbsp;" instead of ""
    Ann, Nov 30, 2004

  3. On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:36:22 GMT, Mike wrote:

    > I have an empty string going into a table cell. How can I get the
    > browser to show a border at that location?

    FireFox/Mozilla/Netscape, Opera, Safari & Konquerer do show a border
    for an empty table cell. Wait a second, ..you're not referring to
    your OS component are you?

    If you *are* talking about IE, then AFAIR, the only way to get
    it to display a border is to write &nbsp; (non-breaking space) to
    the table cell.

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Mike

    Sudsy Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > I have an empty string going into a table cell. How can I get the
    > browser to show a border at that location?
    >
    > I have:

    > where "home_Score" = ""

    Add a non-blanking space at the end, i.e. &nbsp;
    If you want to get fancy with JSTL (the EL version) then you can
    do something like this:

    <c:choose>
    <c:when test="${! empty result.home_Score}">
    <c:eek:ut value="${result.home_Score" />
    </c:when>
    <c:eek:therwise>
    &nbsp;
    </c:eek:therwise>