Empty table cell w/Struts

Mike

I have an empty string going into a table cell. How can I get the
browser to show a border at that location?

I have:

where "home_Score" = ""

Ann

Mike said:
I have an empty string going into a table cell. How can I get the
browser to show a border at that location?

I have:

where "home_Score" = ""

Use "&nbsp;" instead of ""

Andrew Thompson

I have an empty string going into a table cell. How can I get the
browser to show a border at that location?

FireFox/Mozilla/Netscape, Opera, Safari & Konquerer do show a border
for an empty table cell. Wait a second, ..you're not referring to
your OS component are you?

If you *are* talking about IE, then AFAIR, the only way to get
it to display a border is to write &nbsp; (non-breaking space) to
the table cell.

HTH

Sudsy

Mike said:
I have an empty string going into a table cell. How can I get the
browser to show a border at that location?

I have:

where "home_Score" = ""

Add a non-blanking space at the end, i.e. &nbsp;
If you want to get fancy with JSTL (the EL version) then you can
do something like this:

<c:choose>
<c:when test="${! empty result.home_Score}">
<c:eek:ut value="${result.home_Score" />
</c:when>
<c:eek:therwise>
&nbsp;
</c:eek:therwise>