Emulating referrers?

Ben Fidge

I'm working on an application that does a load of processing on
Session_Start if a new session is started having come from a particular
referrer. To determine this I use Request.UrlReferrer.

How can I debug this code on my local machine? Is there a way to emulate a
new session being started via a redirect from a referrers URL? Possibly by
having another local app pass something in the HTTP headers to my main app?

Thanks

Ben

Kevin Spencer

How about adding a QueryString to the URL to the page you want to debug. The
page could interpret the QueryString in the same way as if it was coming
from the specified Referer.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but it takes a very long time,
and the bicycle has to *want* to change.