ENABLE/DISABLE CHECKBOXES AND TEXTBOXES PROBLEM

HolaGoogle

Can you please tell me the right way to do this?? it's realy
important! thanks in advance...

Hi all,
Can you please tell me what's wrong with my code??? i do have this
database in wich i have to field.One is a "yes/no" field and another
one is "number" field. To display the yes/no field in my asp form i
use a checkbox and fot he other field i use a normal text box. if the
yes/no field is checked then the other field is enabled otherwise it
has to be disabled.Here's what i've done so far:

Do While Not ObjRS.EOF
ObjRS("chkbox") = TRUE
THEN %> CHECKED onclick="ChkBoxChecked()<% END IF %>
<%if (ObjRS("chkbox"))Then %>//if the yes/no field value is yes
enable textbox
<input type="text"name="FieldToEnabe"value=<%=ObjRS("EnableField")%>>
<%ELSE%>//else if the value field is no. disable text box but if the
user
//clicks enables the checkbox then enable the textbox too.
<input type="text" disabled name="FieldToEnabe"value=<%=ObjRS
("EnableField")%>
<%End if%>
ObjRS.MoveNext

function ChkBoxChecked()//this method is used when the user
enable/disable the
//checkbox, if it's enabled then the txtbox is enabled too.
{
if(document.Myform.ChkboxName.checked==true)
{
document.Myform.FieldToEnabe.disabled=true;
}
else
{
document.Myform.FieldToEnabe.disabled=false;

this obviously doesn't work. So...can someone tell me what i'm doing
wrong please??
thaks a lot!

HolaGoogle

Hey Ray (and everybody)
your answer works perfectly!! now when i click on my checkbox it
enables/disables my text box...thanks a bunch!!! BUT...i still have 2
more questions :
1) i want my textbox to be always displayed with or without a
value.(actualy it's displayed only if it contains a value. So, do you
think that i can do something like this:
<% If CBool(ObjRS.Fields.Item("chkbox").Value) Then %>
<input type="text"name="FieldToEnabe"value=<%=ObjRS("EnableField")%>>
<%else%>
<input disabled type="text"name="FieldToEnabe"value=0>
<%end if %>

for the moment this doesn'work...

Thanks a lot...