Enable emailing?

?

.

Hello, currently our W2K server is able to email using CDONTS on an app via
some classic .asp pages. In running a different .aspx app via .net on the
same webserver would anyone know how to details (web.config, IIS settings,
etc...) in getting this .aspx app to email also? Thanks in advance.

?

.

Thanks sloan, much appreciated. But we were given a compiled published
..aspx app which we don't have access to the source code. Wondering if
something in the web.config and/or IIS settings?

sloan

No idea dude.

Check for .config files for something is the only hint I can give you.

<system.net>

<mailSettings>
<smtp from="(e-mail address removed)">
<network host="smtp-server.rr.com" password=""
userName="(e-mail address removed)" />
</smtp>
</mailSettings>

</system.net>

That's typical 2.0. But you don't mention the framework version...so that's
another "I have no idea" issue.

?

.

We have v2.0.50727 version. Will look at your suggessted and give it a try,
thanks again.

gary7

Thanks sloan, much appreciated.  But we were given a compiled published
.aspx app which we don't have access to the source code.  Wondering if
something in the web.config and/or IIS settings?

This bit of config code interacts with the web server under the .Net
2.0 framework and allows mail to be passed from a form on your website
through an smtp server for delivery:

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp>
<network host="relay-hosting.secureserver.net" port="25"
userName="*****" password="***"/>
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

If you want to make coding changes beyond this, you will need access
to the "code behind" file of the specific aspx page. There you can
make calls to System.Net.Mail and handle the form controls for your
mail form.

I have a good example if you need one, just let me know.