Enabled set to false but still able to use datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Dave E, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Dave E

Dave E Guest

On my ASP.NET page (using VB.NET) when the user performs a particular action on the page I wish the datagrids to be disabled and not allow their page to be changed or the link button commands to be actioned. Once the user's action is complete I wish to re-enable the grids

However, when I set the Enabled property to false the grids become greyed out as expected but the user can still change the page, select a different item and click on the various item command link buttons in the grid

How can I disable the whole grid so that the user can still see it but cannot perform any actions on it

Thanks
    Dave E, Jun 7, 2004
    1. Advertising

2. --------------------
    >From: =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBF?= <>
    >Subject: Enabled set to false but still able to use datagrid
    >Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 04:21:02 -0700
    >On my ASP.NET page (using VB.NET) when the user performs a particular action on the page I wish the datagrids to be disabled and not allow their

page to be changed or the link button commands to be actioned. Once the user's action is complete I wish to re-enable the grids.

However, when I set the Enabled property to false the grids become greyed out as expected but the user can still change the page, select a different item
    and click on the various item command link buttons in the grid.

How can I disable the whole grid so that the user can still see it but cannot perform any actions on it?

Thanks.

>

Off the top of my head, a quick workaround could be for you to put an IF clause in the events.

eg In Datagrid_EditCommand
    if (datagrid.enabled = true)
    {
    //carry out function
    }

so that if datagrid.enabled is false, it doesn't do anything (though the postback will still occur)

Hope that helps,

Michelle

***Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.***
    Michelle Hlaing, Feb 15, 2005
    1. Advertising