enableEventValidation and <form> causes web part modification buttons to fail

Discussion in '.NET' started by jason9364, Nov 19, 2007.

  1. jason9364

    jason9364

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi - quite a newbie here, with a bit of a sharepoint problem that seems to be associated with the setting of enableEventValidation false in the web.config file.

    I have a web part that generates HTML dynamically using a web service. The HTML contains a <form> that is swapped dynamically using javascript and ajax. This all works fine until I want to 'modify shared web parts'. Everything renders correctly, all the web part configuration data is available (including my own custom stuff), but the APPLY, CANCEL and OK button don't do anything - pressing any of them just leaves the display as was. This happens for ALL the web parts on the page.

    If I remove the <form> element from the HTML, then the buttons work fine.

    Any ideas? I have to have the enableEventValidation false otherwise the <form> will not let the modifiy shared web parts pane appear at all, giving the usual permissions error.

    I was wondering if anyone could think of a reason the buttons would not work - the presence of a <form> element clearly buggers it

    Thanks

    jason9364, Nov 19, 2007