enableEventValidation

Guest

We have an ASP.Net v1.1 application that gets the error Error Message:Invalid
postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages
enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from
the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and
expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in
order to register the postback or callback data for validation."

Everything I have seen on the web talks about making the change in 2.0 but
it doesn't work in 1.1. What do I do to fix this problem?

Some of the controls are created on the fly on the page.

Guest

Any chances you're using __doPostBack() javascript function call directly or
any of thease iin code behind?

Page.GetPostBackClientHyperlink(...);
Page.GetPostBackClientEvent(...)

Guest

I'm not aware of doing any of that. I am programatically adding things to the
page.

bruce barker

1.1 event validation consisted of checking for "<"'s in the postback
data. as the message say, use the page directive to turn it off.

2.0 added checking the range of values if possible. for instance the
postback value of a dropdown must be in the list of data, etc.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)