enableViewState=false not working

Bruce Chao

I tried to turn off viewstate and so I added enableViewState=false in
side the Page directive, rebuild the page, test it. - not working

Then I set all controls on the page so all their enableViewState is also
false -- still, not working.

After doing al these, I still see the hidden viewstate variable in the
HTML source. Please help!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Bruce Chao

I use VS.net, where should I cut/paste these code? (inside *.aspx? or
*.aspx.cs?) I am in day 1 of ASP.NET.

THanks,

Bruce Chao

Thanks.

Why are there still tutorial pages out there that claim you can disable
viewstate by simply setting enableViewState to false? As if they think
this will work for sure......