EnableViewState not being set to false

Guest

I want to post a form and not have the form maintain it's value. I am have tried setting EnableViewState = False at the control and on Page Load. When I submit the button my selection is returned. What am I missin

Mik

<asp:DropDownList id="DropDownList1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 115px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 163px" runat="server" Width="154px" Height="67px" EnableViewState="False"><asp:ListItem>Item 1</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem>Item 2</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem>Item 3</asp:ListItem><asp:ListItem>Item 4</asp:ListItem></asp:DropDownList>

Guest

That's not it. I am not using the controls listed. I was using a listbox. If I don't set it to run at server then it works fine. Is this by design? I am new to dotnet and I am trying to get a handle on when to use what controls

Thanks for your reply

Mike

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

in fact it is, ListBox just isn't listed because it uses both 'worlds' in
fact. It stores all items to ViewState, but posts the selection along with
the form (despite do you have ViewState enabled or not).

To reset the selection, you need to set SelectedIndex manually to -1 or call
ClearSelection() method of ListBox.

--
Teemu Keiski
http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

Mike Drewery said:
That's not it. I am not using the controls listed. I was using a
listbox. If I don't set it to run at server then it works fine. Is this by
design? I am new to dotnet and I am trying to get a handle on when to use
what controls.

Guest

This doesn't clear it

DropDownList1.ClearSelection(