EnableViewState

JohnG

Hi, All,
When I set the EnableViewState =false for a Textbox web control, the value
still stays when it postback. Should it? Thanks

Natty Gur

Yes,

The Input values return in the Form collection. For complex types like
ComboBox viewstate will save all the control data (list items) so on
postback you don’t need to recreate the list items.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

Yes it should.
Textboxes do not use ViewState to hold their value. This is handled by
standard HTML.

JohnG

Hi, Steve and Natty,
Thanks for the response. My another question is if the textbox does not use
viewstate, why does it provide viewstate property? Standard html does not
retain the textbox value when submits.
Thanks

John