    that I need to be concerned about? My application is an
    inquiry only application and the web SQL DB is a copy of
    our production SQL DB (copied every night). Thanks.

    Joe R., Oct 24, 2003

  2. Hi Joe,

    I think you're mixing your storage options a bit.

    a) viewstate -- this storage is per-page and you usually may want to let it
    enabled; only disable it after determining that a control will still work as
    you want without mantaining viewstate.
    b) session -- this storage is per-user
    c) cache -- this storage is per-application

    usually you will chose between b) or c) depending on the nature of the
    retrieved data (which I can't determine by your post).

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

    Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP], Oct 25, 2003