EnableViewStateMac

obitoo

I have an application that requires one page to have the
EnableViewStateMac set to false as I have another page posting to this
page. This is set in the page directive and works fine on my local
machine. However, other developers with the exact same code are
receiving the 'Unable to validate data' error because of an invalid
ViewState. Why is the page trying to validate the ViewState when I have
explicitly set it not to do that? If I set EnableViewStateMac = false
in the web.config, this works as intended but I only want to set this
in the required page.

Can anyone shed any light on to why this may be happening? I have also
noticed that if I build a release version and deploy to a test machine,
the error appears. But if I build a debug version and deploy this to
the test machine, there is no error and the application works as
intended.

Thanks,

ObiToo

Mohamed Sharaf

Hi Obitoo,
Do you have any server farm configuraion? Also what is the version of
the .NET framework on your machine and the testing machine?
This KB article would help you to diagnose this error
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;829743

Hope that helps
Mohamed Sharaf
MEA Developer Support Center