enabling and disabling list boxes

John Meyer

I have a program where I have to enable or disable a list box based upon a
radio button. Is there an "enabled" property on select boxes?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

John said:
I have a program where I have to enable or disable a list box based
upon a radio button. Is there an "enabled" property on select boxes?

No, but there is a boolean `disabled' property.

PointedEars

Martin Honnen

John Meyer

Martin Honnen

John said:
Thanks for the help guys. I don't use JavaScript all that often: if it's
PHP, I'm on it, but JavaScript, I still have to go to the manuals.

If you want you can use PHP in IE/Win as a client-side scripting
language but I think that does not help you. You need to learn the
object models and APIs the browsers expose, whether you use and know
JavaScript or any other language.

Randy Webb

Martin Honnen said the following on 12/26/2005 12:50 PM:
If you want you can use PHP in IE/Win as a client-side scripting
language but I think that does not help you. You need to learn the
object models and APIs the browsers expose, whether you use and know
JavaScript or any other language.

Do you happen to have a URI that explains how to enable it in IE6? The
last URL I had - <URL:
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2004/07/14/client-side-php-in-internet-explorer/
- doesn't work for me in IE6 even when I hunt down the .dll file

Shows how to do the equivalent (or close to it) in Mozilla based browsers.

Martin Honnen

Randy Webb wrote:

Do you happen to have a URI that explains how to enable it in IE6? The
last URL I had - <URL:
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2004/07/14/client-side-php-in-internet-explorer/

I have never done it for PHP itself but the Microsoft architecture
allows for other Active scripting engines, I have tested that with some
Windows Perl some years ago. It is mainly meant to allow Windows Script
Host automation with other languages than JScript and VBScript that
Microsoft provides but with that Perl installation I had you could then
also uses Perl as a client-side scripting language in HTML documents in IE.
And PHP 5 as an ActiveScript extension on Windows
<http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.activescript.php>
As said I have never tried that but my understanding of that script
engine architecture is that having and registering that dll as described
will give you "PHPScript" support in ASP, WSH and in IE too.

Sorry if it does not work for you, my sentence above was mainly meant as
a theoretical argument to make it clear that knowledge of a certain
programming language does not necessarily imply you can then directly
master any framework or API or object model that programming language
provides access to.

Randy Webb

Martin Honnen said the following on 12/27/2005 9:46 AM:
Randy Webb wrote:

I have never done it for PHP itself but the Microsoft architecture
allows for other Active scripting engines, I have tested that with some
Windows Perl some years ago. It is mainly meant to allow Windows Script
Host automation with other languages than JScript and VBScript that
Microsoft provides but with that Perl installation I had you could then
also uses Perl as a client-side scripting language in HTML documents in IE.
And PHP 5 as an ActiveScript extension on Windows
<http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.activescript.php>
As said I have never tried that but my understanding of that script
engine architecture is that having and registering that dll as described
will give you "PHPScript" support in ASP, WSH and in IE too.

Thank you Martin. I had tried it before and couldn't get it to work
properly for me in IE. Never tried it in Mozilla even though I have the
reference page that explains how to do it. My main interest in it isn't
to try to use PHP as a client-side language per se but to try to use it
to test PHP scripts without having to run a server locally.

I will give it a whirl this weekend :)

<snip>