Enabling ASP.NET in Windows Server 2003 64-bit

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JS101, Feb 5, 2009.

  1. JS101

    JS101 Guest

    Enabling ASP.NET on our 32-bit Windows Server 2003 works fine. I go to
    Add/Remove Windows Components, and within Application Server, I enable
    "ASP.NET" in this list:

    Application Server Console
    ASP.NET
    Enable network COM+ access
    Enable network DTC access
    Internet Information Services (IIS)
    Message Queuing

    However on our 64-bit Windows Server 2003, "ASP.NET" doesn't appear in the
    list.

    How do we install and enable ASP.NET on this server?

    Thanks.

    JS101, Feb 5, 2009

  2. JS101

    George Guest

    I believe you need to download ASP.NET for Win2003 since it does not come
    with it automatically

    George.

    George, Feb 6, 2009

  3. re:
    !> on our 64-bit Windows Server 2003, "ASP.NET" doesn't appear in the list.
    !> How do we install and enable ASP.NET on this server?

    IIS 6.0 supports both the 32-bit mode and the 64-bit mode.

    However, IIS 6.0 does not support running both modes
    at the same time on a 64-bit version of Windows.

    ASP.NET 1.1 runs only in 32-bit mode.
    ASP.NET 2.0 runs in 32-bit mode or in 64-bit mode.

    If you want to run ASP.NET 1.1 and ASP.NET 2.0
    at the same time, you must run IIS in 32-bit mode.

    If you want to run ASP.NET in 64-bit mode, you can only use ASP.NET 2.0.

    There's additional info at :
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894435

    The .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x64) is available at :

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...00-ACF8-4FA1-AFFB-40E78D788B00&displaylang=en

    If you're running an Itanium processor, use the IA64 version instead :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8B-BEC7-4AB4-8CBE-33E07CFC83A7&displaylang=en

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 6, 2009