Enabling asp.net user to read Active directory

Andy

HI all,

I'm trying to read Active Directory from within an Asp.net application
which is not impersonating any domain user.

I'd like to allow the site to query the Active directory, but I want to
make sure that the access is done in a secure way.

What are the options and their benefits / drawbacks?

Thanks
Andy

Charles

Without impersonation you would have to give ASPNET (user) on the
server sufficient privileges. I have only done Active Directory work
with impersonation before, and typically i like to require the user to
login to the site with a domain account that the site then
impersonates. This way you are not granting new rights to users... Just
my two cents