Enabling browser back button for GridView Paging and Sorting in Ajax1.1 and 3.5 (using Visual Studio

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by anil reddy, Feb 11, 2009.

  1. anil reddy

    anil reddy Guest

    http://interviews.dotnetthread.com/2009/02/enabling-browser-back-button-for.html

    Generally we use browser back button frequently to go to back/previous
    page importantly its useful when we are searching using search
    controls (Textbox's, dropdowns, button..), or using Paging, Sorting
    etc.

    In all these case when there is a post back, the browser is updated
    with the information of the page visited and hence the back button
    gets enabled automatically. However if we are updating page using AJAX
    asynchronous requests, updating browser history is not taken care
    automatically.

    We need to do some tweaks to achieve this and enable browser back
    button by storing the state into browser history.

    See the complete article here and give your feedback...http://

    anil reddy, Feb 11, 2009