Enabling native thread support on redhat

Sandeep

Hi,

I am using a Redhat-9 box. "java -version" on my systems shows
java version "1.4.2_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.4.2_02-b03)

I wish to enable native-thread support on such a system.Currently all
the java threads are running under single process as shown by "ps
-ef".

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

-Sandeep Karmarkar

Chris Smith

Sandeep said:
I am using a Redhat-9 box. "java -version" on my systems shows
java version "1.4.2_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.4.2_02-b03)

I wish to enable native-thread support on such a system.Currently all
the java threads are running under single process as shown by "ps
-ef".

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

It would be very surprising if you found a modern JVM that doesn't use
native threads. Perhaps someone fixed ps instead? That seems to me
like the more likely explanation for your observations.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Chris Smith

Chris said:
It would be very surprising if you found a modern JVM that doesn't use
native threads. Perhaps someone fixed ps instead? That seems to me
like the more likely explanation for your observations.

Indeed, it appears from <http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?thread=
481411&forum=32&message=2348244> that RedHat 9 does indeed fix this by
switching to a new natively-POSIX threading implementation that doesn't
break ps like the old one did. You can be confident that you really are
getting native threads.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation