    -ef".

    Can anyone tell me how to do it?

    -Sandeep Karmarkar

    Sandeep, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Sandeep

    Chris Smith Guest

    Sandeep wrote:
    > I am using a Redhat-9 box. "java -version" on my systems shows
    > java version "1.4.2_02"
    > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
    > 1.4.2_02-b03)
    > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_02-b03, mixed mode)
    >
    > I wish to enable native-thread support on such a system.Currently all
    > the java threads are running under single process as shown by "ps
    > -ef".
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to do it?

    It would be very surprising if you found a modern JVM that doesn't use
    native threads. Perhaps someone fixed ps instead? That seems to me
    like the more likely explanation for your observations.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Sandeep

    Chris Smith Guest

    Chris Smith wrote:
    > It would be very surprising if you found a modern JVM that doesn't use
    > native threads. Perhaps someone fixed ps instead? That seems to me
    > like the more likely explanation for your observations.

    Indeed, it appears from <http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?thread=
    481411&forum=32&message=2348244> that RedHat 9 does indeed fix this by
    switching to a new natively-POSIX threading implementation that doesn't
    break ps like the old one did. You can be confident that you really are
    getting native threads.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation