Enabling SQL Server Encryption on developer workstation

Mike Swaim

We'd like to enable SQL Server encryption for an asp.net application
that we're developing. We deployed the application to our development
server, and almost everything works. The problem is that our treeview
(based on the MS Treeview) misbehaves only when SQL Server encryption
is enabled.
We'd like to debug this on our development workstations, but can't
get ASP.Net to talk to SQL Server using encryption. We keep getting a
"SSL Security error" when trying to connect to SQL Server. Winforms
apps connect just fine using encryption. We've tried giving the ASPNET
user administrator privs, and that didn't help.

Anybody got any clues on how to enable sql server encryption for
asp.net on a developer workstation?