Encapsulate a "Search For MyEntity" screen in web

sloan

Does anyone have any links or urls or advice for the scenario of building a
"reusable" search screen in DotNet.
I've done it before, but want to get fresh advice to get away from own
predjudices potentially.

Imagine a "Search For Employees" screen.

I want to have a screen where I can search....and it has all the
ddlDepartment
CheckBoxList of JobTitles
HireDateBeforeThisDate
HireDateAfterThisDate
DateOfBirth

stuff like that.

But I need to call this screen from several places.

Maybe I need to email employees
Maybe I need to also create a static list of employees
And future needs.

So I want to go to a page that lets me emails employees.
I call this page. There is a textbox where I can type my message.
There is an empty listbox....of employees I want to email.
Near the listbox is a button "Search for Employees".

It takes me to SearchEmployees.aspx
I search. It has a listbox with filtered results. I select the employees I
want.
Then it takes me back to the "sendemail.aspx" page. and now the listbox on
this page has N number of employees in it.
I click "send email" and boom, those N employees get an email.

Repeat scenario for "create static list of employees".
Repeat scneario for a future need.

It it were only a single employee, this would be pretty trivial. But when
it could be like 100 or 1000 employees that I need ...then the problem gets
a little bit different.

I only need basic advice for the skeleton of how you might advise to solve
the issue, not necessarily code snipplets.

I've done this before in the past..but want to get fresh perspective on it.

Thanks (as always).

Just for clarity.

VS2005 2.0/3.0 development environment.

..