    leave. After they hit the submit button, the comment will be posted on
    the web site for everyone to see.

    Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. :)

    J, Jul 22, 2006

  2. Le Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:29:08 -0400, J a écrit :

    > Hi. I am putting up a new personal video blogging web site. I was just
    > wondering if there was a way for me to have an option where the viewer
    > can leave a comment and have everyone else see the comments as well. I
    > do not require the viewer to make an account. All I need is to have a
    > field where the viewer enters their name and the comment they wish to
    > leave. After they hit the submit button, the comment will be posted on
    > the web site for everyone to see.

    Hi,
    In the normal way, you set up the encoding to use in a meta tag. Web
    Browsers will automatically follow this indication and you will receive
    the data in the encoding you have set up.

    If you really care, you can use PHP functions to check if the text is
    encoded in UTF-8, and encode or decode it.

    > Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. :)

    HTH,
    cheers,
    Mike
    --
    http://massonnet.org/ Mike Massonnet (mmassonnet) ,-.
    , ( {o\

    Mike Massonnet, Jul 22, 2006

  3. J

    jojo Guest

    Mike Massonnet wrote:

    >> Hi. I am putting up a new personal video blogging web site. I was just
    >> wondering if there was a way for me to have an option where the viewer
    >> can leave a comment and have everyone else see the comments as well. I
    >> do not require the viewer to make an account. All I need is to have a
    >> field where the viewer enters their name and the comment they wish to
    >> leave. After they hit the submit button, the comment will be posted on
    >> the web site for everyone to see.
    >>

    > Hi,
    > In the normal way, you set up the encoding to use in a meta tag. Web
    > Browsers will automatically follow this indication and you will receive
    > the data in the encoding you have set up.
    >
    > If you really care, you can use PHP functions to check if the text is
    > encoded in UTF-8, and encode or decode it.
    >
    >> Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. :)

    > HTH,
    > cheers,
    > Mike

    Erm, excuse me, but did *this* really refer to the question? I
    personally understood the question like this:
    || How do I add the possibility to post a comment to my site?

    *This* would be much more tricky then setting an encoding...
    First you need SQL or any other database to store the comments. The
    second step is to write a ServerSide Script which inserts the data.
    Third you have to write a HTML form to post the data (with the right
    encoding of course, see Mike's post). And last you of course have to
    write a page which displays all the data from your database.
    You see, not quite easy... you need much experience to write something
    like this on your own... An easier alternative would be to use
    web-services which can be embedded into your site. Google for it to find
    some...

    HTH more...
    jojo

    jojo, Jul 22, 2006
  4. Le Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:53:05 +0200, jojo a écrit :

    > Erm, excuse me, but did *this* really refer to the question? I
    > personally understood the question like this:
    > || How do I add the possibility to post a comment to my site?

    Damnit, where the heck did I read something about encoding problems.. :|

    Sorry for the noise.

    Mike

    Mike Massonnet, Jul 22, 2006
  5. J

    jojo Guest

    Mike Massonnet wrote:

    >> Erm, excuse me, but did *this* really refer to the question? I
    >> personally understood the question like this:

    > Damnit, where the heck did I read something about encoding problems.. :|

    perhaps you misinterpreted the subject? A bit misleading...

    > Sorry for the noise.

    Doesn't matter, being wrong is human...

    jojo, Jul 22, 2006
  6. Le Sun, 23 Jul 2006 00:29:08 +0200, jojo a écrit :

    >> Damnit, where the heck did I read something about encoding problems.. :|

    > perhaps you misinterpreted the subject? A bit misleading...

    Ah right in the subject!

    Cheers,
    Mike

    Mike Massonnet, Jul 23, 2006