Encoding Query String

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Wayne Wengert, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. Wayne Wengert, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Wayne Wengert

    Joe Fallon Guest

    Did you donwload the soruce code?
    Compile it?
    Add a reference to it in your project?
    --
    Joe Fallon

    Joe Fallon, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Joe;

    Thanks for the response. I did download the code but did not compile it. I
    just copied the dll and pdb to my system and added a reference to the dll in
    my project. I thought that would work?

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Wayne Wengert

    Joe Fallon Guest

    Ok.
    But you are not giving enough information in your messages.

    Your first message didn't mention any of this.
    It sounded like a newbie mistake -
    I copied the code from the web site - but it does not work.

    By copying the .dll to your bin folder and adding a reference it should
    work.

    Now you need to post your code showing what you are trying to do so we can
    see where it is failing.

    Joe Fallon, Jul 4, 2005
  5. Wayne Wengert

    Joe Fallon Guest

    FWIW,
    I implemented SecureQueryString yesterday.
    I ran into a couple of issues and solved them.
    Only to later find out if you read the forum messages these problems are
    noted there.

    e.g. The "+" sign is present in the encrypted string but disappears when
    examining the Request.Querystring collection.
    For example: "SomePage.aspx?data=dkfjewiuwi+rkfwejkf++felwfkj+++ewrfkljpo"
    returns:
    ?qs[data]
    "dkfjewiuwi rkfwejkf felwfkj ewrfkljpo"

    So I just use .Replace(" ", "+") and it worked.
    --
    Joe Fallon

    Joe Fallon, Jul 7, 2005