Encoding Query String

Joe Fallon

Did you donwload the soruce code?
Compile it?
Add a reference to it in your project?

Wayne Wengert

Joe;

Thanks for the response. I did download the code but did not compile it. I
just copied the dll and pdb to my system and added a reference to the dll in
my project. I thought that would work?

Wayne

Joe Fallon

Ok.
But you are not giving enough information in your messages.

Your first message didn't mention any of this.
It sounded like a newbie mistake -
I copied the code from the web site - but it does not work.

By copying the .dll to your bin folder and adding a reference it should
work.

Now you need to post your code showing what you are trying to do so we can
see where it is failing.

Joe Fallon

FWIW,
I implemented SecureQueryString yesterday.
I ran into a couple of issues and solved them.
Only to later find out if you read the forum messages these problems are
noted there.

e.g. The "+" sign is present in the encrypted string but disappears when
examining the Request.Querystring collection.
For example: "SomePage.aspx?data=dkfjewiuwi+rkfwejkf++felwfkj+++ewrfkljpo"
returns:
?qs[data]
"dkfjewiuwi rkfwejkf felwfkj ewrfkljpo"

So I just use .Replace(" ", "+") and it worked.