Encrypt and Decrypt ConnectionString inside web.config...

den 2005

Hi everybody,

How exactly do you Encrypt and Decrypt, using Cryptography,
ConnectionString inside web.config programmatically in .Net Framework 1.0 and
1.1?
Please provide codes. Thanks.

den2005

den 2005

Thanks for info, Dominic, but I know there is a DPAPI but right now trying
other approach.

Dennis

den 2005

Hi Dominick

Approach I am doing is using descryptoserviceprovider to encrypt and decrypt
it, having problem in decrypt it back, implementing key and IV data to make
it uniform, but unable to use stored the dll library object in Session
variable, and need to do write these data in a file...that is approach I am
doing now, after this try using DPAPI. I have not seen the downloaded file
from link you provided, it is in detail how to use it for encryption and
decryption of web.config connection string?

Thanks

Dennis