Encrypt and Decrypt with a password

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Bishoy George, Apr 1, 2006.

  1. I have a string , I need a way to encrypt it with a password, and it should
    be never to decrypt the encryped string without the same password.

    Bishoy George, Apr 1, 2006

  2. Hello,

    It would probably help if you explain your sitation a little deeper. Do you
    want to use asymetric encryption (two "passwords": one for encryption and
    one for decryption) or symetric encryption (one password to encryption and
    decryption)?

    you can use the TripleDES or the RijndaelManaged class for symetric
    encryption. RSA Class for asymetric encryption.

    Greetings,
    Henning Krause

    Henning Krause [MVP], Apr 1, 2006