Encrypt password Problem

f_salazar

Im not goo writing in english, so here I go !

Public Shared Function Encriptar(ByVal cleanString As String) As String
Dim clearBytes As [Byte]()
clearBytes = New UnicodeEncoding().GetBytes(cleanString)
Dim hashedBytes As [Byte]() = CType(CryptoConfig.CreateFromName("MD5"),
HashAlgorithm).ComputeHash(clearBytes)
Dim hashedText As String = BitConverter.ToString(hashedBytes)
Return hashedText
End Function

this function encrypt user password, I need to un-encrypt that password. Can
any1 help me

tnks

Bob Lehmann

MD5 is one-way encryption. It can't be decrypted.

Also, follow up in a DotNet group.

Bob Lehmann

PJones

MD5 is one-way encryption

actually its a HASH, there is no such thing as one-way encryption

encryption is reversable, hashes are not

f_salazar said:
Im not goo writing in english, so here I go !

Public Shared Function Encriptar(ByVal cleanString As String) As String
Dim clearBytes As [Byte]()
clearBytes = New UnicodeEncoding().GetBytes(cleanString)
Dim hashedBytes As [Byte]() = CType(CryptoConfig.CreateFromName("MD5"),
HashAlgorithm).ComputeHash(clearBytes)
Dim hashedText As String = BitConverter.ToString(hashedBytes)
Return hashedText
End Function

this function encrypt user password, I need to un-encrypt that password. Can
any1 help me

tnks

Bob Lehmann

Whatever there, mister precision.

You've certainly added a lot of value to, and totally invalidated my answer.

You may want to spread your anality to the several sources out on the
Internet that also refer to MD5 as one-way encryption. I'd hate to see you
pee your pants over such a gross inaccuracy.

Bob Lehmann