    tnks

    --
    Francisco J. Salazar - MCP
    f_salazar, Jul 22, 2005

  2. f_salazar

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    MD5 is one-way encryption. It can't be decrypted.

    Also, follow up in a DotNet group.

    Bob Lehmann

    "f_salazar" <> wrote in message
    > Im not goo writing in english, so here I go !
    >
    > Public Shared Function Encriptar(ByVal cleanString As String) As String
    > Dim clearBytes As [Byte]()
    > clearBytes = New UnicodeEncoding().GetBytes(cleanString)
    > Dim hashedBytes As [Byte]() =

    CType(CryptoConfig.CreateFromName("MD5"),
    > HashAlgorithm).ComputeHash(clearBytes)
    > Dim hashedText As String = BitConverter.ToString(hashedBytes)
    > Return hashedText
    > End Function
    >
    > this function encrypt user password, I need to un-encrypt that password.

    Can

    Bob Lehmann, Jul 22, 2005

  3. f_salazar

    PJones Guest

    MD5 is one-way encryption

    actually its a HASH, there is no such thing as one-way encryption

    encryption is reversable, hashes are not

    PJones, Jul 23, 2005
  4. f_salazar

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    Whatever there, mister precision.

    You've certainly added a lot of value to, and totally invalidated my answer.

    You may want to spread your anality to the several sources out on the
    Internet that also refer to MD5 as one-way encryption. I'd hate to see you
    pee your pants over such a gross inaccuracy.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Jul 23, 2005