encrypt.pm

Todd Anderson

I once saw a pm that un encrypted a script before compiling to keep
hackers from stealing your code. Anybody know what it is and advice on
how to use it is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Ben Morrow

Todd Anderson said:
I once saw a pm that un encrypted a script before compiling to keep
hackers from stealing your code. Anybody know what it is and advice on
how to use it is appreciated.

Acme::Bleach

Ben

Bob Walton

Todd said:
I once saw a pm that un encrypted a script before compiling to keep
hackers from stealing your code. Anybody know what it is and advice on
how to use it is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

You can check out the Acme::Bleach and other Acme:: modules. But they
won't stop any hacker worthy of the name.

For more information (a FAQ, by the way) on why you really can't protect
your Perl source code, see:

perldoc -q hide