encrypt smpt section of web config

Guest

im using the following cammand at the dotnet prompt
aspnet_regiis -pef "smtp" "D:\_Development\Test\LoginControls"
and getting this error
The configuration section 'smtp' was not found.
Failed!
Could someone tell me what may be going wrong.

This is what I have in my config file
<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp from="(e-mail address removed)">
<network host="smtpserver" password="password" port="25"
userName="username"/>
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

Im running WinXP Pro SP2, dotnet 2.0 & IIS 5.1