EncryptDecrypt

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lev Kaplun, May 11, 2004.

  1. Lev Kaplun

    Lev Kaplun Guest

    Lev Kaplun, May 11, 2004

  2. Lev Kaplun

    nobody Guest

    Lev Kaplun wrote:
    > i was wondering what u guys think of my code. i posted it on a website. this
    > is the link:
    > http://www.1javastreet.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=4133&lngWId=2.
    > im sorry for the akward formatting, as the website converted my tabs and
    > enters.

    A couple suggestions:

    1) Prompt to verify the password (i.e., if the user mistypes the
    password accidentally, then deletes the plaintext file, they have no way
    of knowing until they try to decrypt ang get gibberish).

    2) Use a MAC to verify the file has not been tampered with or corrupted.

    3) Use a stronger cipher (i.e. AES).

    nobody, May 12, 2004