EncryptDecrypt

nobody

Lev said:
i was wondering what u guys think of my code. i posted it on a website. this
is the link:
http://www.1javastreet.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=4133&lngWId=2.
im sorry for the akward formatting, as the website converted my tabs and
enters.

A couple suggestions:

1) Prompt to verify the password (i.e., if the user mistypes the
password accidentally, then deletes the plaintext file, they have no way
of knowing until they try to decrypt ang get gibberish).

2) Use a MAC to verify the file has not been tampered with or corrupted.

3) Use a stronger cipher (i.e. AES).