    has a crypto API.
    Where would be a good place to store the key?
    Supposedly windows has a crypto store somewhere.
    Arne, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Arne

    Jim Brandley Guest

    We used the MD5 hash (from a fixed plaintext string) to regenrate the key
    when needed.

    Jim Brandley, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Arne

    Arne Guest

    Jim,
    Do you have a safe place to store the plaintext string?
    Arne.

    Arne, Jan 18, 2005
  4. I don't wanna buy stuff in a store that stores such sensitive data. Use a
    hash or leave it. Please.

    --
    Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)
    MCP ASP.NET C#

    Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\), Jan 18, 2005
  5. Arne

    Jim Brandley Guest

    It's just a sting constant in the code.

    Jim Brandley, Jan 18, 2005
  6. Arne

    Arne Guest

    A hash is a one way encryption and it will not do any good for me.
    A hash would be useful for passwords only.
    Arne.

    Arne, Jan 19, 2005