encrypted password

bbawa1

Hi All,

I have a login status control in my aspx page and I want to encrypt
the login passward and compare with encrypted tbUsers.UserPass where
tbUsers is the name of my table and UserPass is my field name.

Really Thanks in advance.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The best method is to create a customer provider for membership and possibly
profile and use your table. You can then control the log on completely.

If you want to use the out of the box controls, but not the out of the box
providers (ie, you are going to log in using your own table in code behind
pages, etc.), you will have to hijack the logon process. There are a variety
of log on methods that are exposed that you can work with.

The methods that might be of use to you:

Authenticate
LoggingIn
LoginError

bbawa1