    Could someone throw me a bone.
    \\
    Andy
    Andy G, May 3, 2005

  2. I hope this helps
    see the Imports System.Security.Cryptography name space.
    thanks
    kes

    =?Utf-8?B?S3VydCBTY2hyb2VkZXI=?=, May 3, 2005

  3. Andy G

    Andy G Guest

    It does help. I use that for my password hashing so I am somewhat familiar
    with that name space. Which classes would I use within that namespace for
    the encrypting and decrypting?

    Thanks.

    Andy G, May 3, 2005
  4. I looked this up in chapter 21 of ASP.NET UnLeashed. It contains a few
    examples of the different methods and their relitive strengths. Symmetric
    encription is what i looked at.
    thanks
    kes (and yes i'm new to this one too!)

    =?Utf-8?B?S3VydCBTY2hyb2VkZXI=?=, May 3, 2005
  5. Andy G

    Mark Guest

    Hi, take a look at this control

    http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/tshak/archive/2004/11/17/32481.aspx

    Cheers
    Mark
    > I looked this up in chapter 21 of ASP.NET UnLeashed. It contains a few
    > examples of the different methods and their relitive strengths. Symmetric
    > encription is what i looked at.
    > thanks
    > kes (and yes i'm new to this one too!)
    >
    > "Andy G" wrote:
    >
    > > It does help. I use that for my password hashing so I am somewhat

    familiar
    > > with that name space. Which classes would I use within that namespace

    for
    > > the encrypting and decrypting?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > "Kurt Schroeder" <> wrote in