Encrypting Config File...some problems though

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by xanthviper@xanthviper.com, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi there,

    I am working on encrypting my configuration strings withing my
    web.config file. I am working in VS 2005 using .NET 2.0 with just a C#
    asp.net web site. I have been following this HELP link:

    ms-help://MS.VSCC.v80/MS.MSDNQTR.v80.en/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.VisualStudio.v80.en/dv_aspnetcon/html/e1652f90-eac5-4f51-bff1-cf1acc2e1180.htm

    One of the major portions of the encrption process, of course, is to
    actually encrypt using the following commands:

    aspnet_regiis -pe "connectionStrings" -app "/MyApplication" -prov
    "RSAProtectedConfigurationProvider"

    The problem I am having is the little old -app switch in which in this
    case, the applications name is "MyApplication". My problem is that my
    Web Application is called "ArchTest" and since I need to provide the
    Virtual Path for the -app switch, I shoud put in "/ArchTest" when I run
    it, I get "The configuration for path '/ArchTest' was not found"

    What am I doing wrong here? Can anyone tell me what I may be
    referencing wrong here?

    Thanks in advance.
    , Jul 29, 2005