Encrypting Config File...some problems though

xanthviper

Hi there,

I am working on encrypting my configuration strings withing my
web.config file. I am working in VS 2005 using .NET 2.0 with just a C#
asp.net web site. I have been following this HELP link:

ms-help://MS.VSCC.v80/MS.MSDNQTR.v80.en/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.VisualStudio.v80.en/dv_aspnetcon/html/e1652f90-eac5-4f51-bff1-cf1acc2e1180.htm

One of the major portions of the encrption process, of course, is to
actually encrypt using the following commands:

aspnet_regiis -pe "connectionStrings" -app "/MyApplication" -prov
"RSAProtectedConfigurationProvider"

The problem I am having is the little old -app switch in which in this
case, the applications name is "MyApplication". My problem is that my
Web Application is called "ArchTest" and since I need to provide the
Virtual Path for the -app switch, I shoud put in "/ArchTest" when I run
it, I get "The configuration for path '/ArchTest' was not found"

What am I doing wrong here? Can anyone tell me what I may be
referencing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.