  1. Guest

    does java have any good algorithms for encrypting passwords

    , Apr 14, 2004

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > does java have any good algorithms for encrypting passwords

    You need to check out the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE). It is very
    extensive and provides a framework for accessing algorithms implemented by
    3rd party organizations. I found the O'Reilly book on Java Cryptography to
    be very useful.

    Cheers,
    Matt Humphrey http://www.iviz.com/

    Matt Humphrey, Apr 14, 2004

  3. wrote:

    > does java have any good algorithms for encrypting passwords

    Note that passwords are not usually encrypted, they're hashed.

    Michael Borgwardt, Apr 15, 2004