Encrypting query strings

Guest

I cannot get an answer as to why my session state no longer remains active
between webpages after working for 2 years. So I want to try to pass data
thru query strings in my url. I tried to use SecureString to encrypt the
sensitive data but cannot figure out how to encrpyt data using this method
from the documentation. Does anyone have an example of how to encrpyt data
when passing data with a url in a Redirect to another webpage using C# and
then un-ecrypting the data in the new webpage?

Guest

Hi mate,

Why can't you just write a method that returns an encrypted string? There's
loads of examples out there.

Jon

Guest

Hi Jon;
Can you tell me where the examples of encrypting are? I couldn't find any
in Microsoft's documentation. What I really am upset about is that I can't
get my session to stay active. Sounds to me like a really big problem with
ASPNET if a programmer with 40 years of experience cannot figure why
something that has worked for 2 years all of a sudden stops working. Ain't
no way I can sell software in that kind of an environment.