encryption question

Danny

Hi All,

Using the rijndael algorithm:

RijndaelManaged rijndael = new RijndaelManaged();

rijndael.KeySize = 128;
rijndael.Key = key;

rijndael.Mode = CipherMode.ECB;
rijndael.Padding = PaddingMode.None;
rijndael.BlockSize = 128;

If I have the decrypted value and the encrypted value, can I find the
encryption key?

Thanks,
Danny

Guest

Hi All,

Using the rijndael algorithm:

            RijndaelManaged rijndael = new RijndaelManaged();

            rijndael.KeySize = 128;
            rijndael.Key = key;

            rijndael.Mode = CipherMode.ECB;
            rijndael.Padding = PaddingMode.None;
            rijndael.BlockSize = 128;

If I have the decrypted value and the encrypted value, can I find the
encryption key?

Thanks,
Danny

The answer is "no". According to Wikipedia there are some attacks on
the algorithm have succeeded, but this does not mean that data secured
using AES is going to be very vulnerable to attack.

Danny

The answer is "no". According to Wikipedia there are some attacks on
the algorithm have succeeded, but this does not mean that data secured
using AES is going to be very vulnerable to attack.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I thought so.
I wasn't going to attack anybody, just trying to restore my old
encryption key... I'll give it a rest.
Thanks man,