Encryption

dirvine

HI hope you can help (know you can).

I am looking for a very strong AIS or better symetrical encryption in
python. Any suggestions ideas welcome. I have spent a lot of time
looking everywhere at pycrypto and many others but is a wee bit of a
minefield out there. Anyone have any experience of a true encryption
(not xor or anything weak). I am looking for something strong enough to
encrypt your credit card info and publish file on website (no not
actually do that but have encryption strong enough if you did).

Many thanks and if I have missed obvious docs please take it easy on me
- I am new here :)

Robert J. Hansen

Honestly, the best thing you can do when it comes to writing crypto
code is _not_ write crypto code. It's far better to instead use
pre-existing, trusted, scrutinized, audited code. You'll probably be
better served looking for a Python interface to OpenSSL, which will
provide you with all the algorithms you'll want and then some.

pyopenssl might be what you're looking for, it might not. I've never
used it, but that looks like the place to start.

Larry Bates

dirvine said:
HI hope you can help (know you can).

I am looking for a very strong AIS or better symetrical encryption in
python. Any suggestions ideas welcome. I have spent a lot of time
looking everywhere at pycrypto and many others but is a wee bit of a
minefield out there. Anyone have any experience of a true encryption
(not xor or anything weak). I am looking for something strong enough to
encrypt your credit card info and publish file on website (no not
actually do that but have encryption strong enough if you did).

Many thanks and if I have missed obvious docs please take it easy on me
- I am new here :)
Take a look here. This package works perfectly for us.

http://www.amk.ca/python/code/crypto

-Larry