    actually do that but have encryption strong enough if you did).

    Many thanks and if I have missed obvious docs please take it easy on me
    - I am new here :)
    dirvine, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Honestly, the best thing you can do when it comes to writing crypto
    code is _not_ write crypto code. It's far better to instead use
    pre-existing, trusted, scrutinized, audited code. You'll probably be
    better served looking for a Python interface to OpenSSL, which will
    provide you with all the algorithms you'll want and then some.

    pyopenssl might be what you're looking for, it might not. I've never
    used it, but that looks like the place to start.
    Robert J. Hansen, Feb 16, 2006

  3. dirvine

    Larry Bates Guest

    dirvine wrote:
    > HI hope you can help (know you can).
    >
    > I am looking for a very strong AIS or better symetrical encryption in
    > python. Any suggestions ideas welcome. I have spent a lot of time
    > looking everywhere at pycrypto and many others but is a wee bit of a
    > minefield out there. Anyone have any experience of a true encryption
    > (not xor or anything weak). I am looking for something strong enough to
    > encrypt your credit card info and publish file on website (no not
    > actually do that but have encryption strong enough if you did).
    >
    > Many thanks and if I have missed obvious docs please take it easy on me
    > - I am new here :)

    Take a look here. This package works perfectly for us.

    http://www.amk.ca/python/code/crypto

    -Larry
    Larry Bates, Feb 16, 2006
  4. dirvine

    dirvine Guest

    perfect thanks a lot and I can be cross platform too. cool
    dirvine, Feb 24, 2006