End-Of-Life Date for Classic ASP?

DylanSmith

Is there an end-of-support date for Classic ASP?

For example, I know that VB6 standard support ended sometime around March
2005, and extended support was available until around March 2008.

Is there a similar end-of-support date(s) for Classic ASP?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

DylanSmith said:
Is there an end-of-support date for Classic ASP?

For example, I know that VB6 standard support ended sometime around
March 2005, and extended support was available until around March
2008.

Is there a similar end-of-support date(s) for Classic ASP?

I believe it is already past-support. it certainly is not having new
features developed for is.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't use it ...

Mike Brind [MVP]

Bob Barrows said:
Thanks. I guess it all comes down to the definition of "end-of-support".

That thought ocurred to me as I posted, but I interpreted the question in
the way that most similar questions are phrased, as in "If I spend a load of
time building a classic ASP app, how long can I rely on there being a
supported platform to run it on?" or "Will I be forced to migrate my classic
ASP apps anytime soon?"

Mike